Which factors influence on search engine rankings in 2017?
Search engines are don't stop making amendments and improving their algorithms while trying to achieve the maximum relevance of the search engine results according to the Internet users’ interests. In order to understand whether SEO search engine optimization is carried out properly and determine relevant directions, it’s recommended to pay close attention to search engine ranking factors.
Google ranking factors in 2017
- Textual ranking factors.
One of the most beneficial investments in improving website’s Google SEO ranking factors is creating a quality content. Checklist of the quality textual content:
- compliance with visitor’ goals;
- the relevance of the search request and informativeness;
- well thought-out structure (subtitles, breaking into paragraphs, lists);
- absence of grammar, orthographic and punctuation mistakes;
- proper implementation of keywords;
- the addition of graphic content (pictures, tables, infographics) as well as videos.
In recent years the quality of the content has been steadily included into major Google rank factors. The current year is not an exception. With the emergence of the algorithms based on the neural networks and evaluating not only accordance with the information of the users’ requests but also its meaning, SEO-optimizers may forget about the density of the “keywords” and focus on the value of the content for readers. Such tendencies activate the competition and motivate website owners to create high-quality texts as well as usability web design. Therefore, if the project’s budget is limited it’s useful to decrease the frequency of publications instead of publishing low-quality content several times a day.
- Technical and on page ranking factors.
An attractive web design and valuable content are useless if a web-resource contains numerous technical errors and shortcomings. In order to organize the most important SEO factors one should control:
- the existence of duplicates and “dead links”;
- ease of navigation;
- proper robots.txt file configuration;
- load speed of web pages;
- the appearance of sitemap;
- server reply time;
- HTML-code optimization.
Also particular attention should be paid to on page factors of ranking:
- proper title and description meta-tags completion;
- validity and uniqueness of h1 tags, titles and subtitles h2-h6;
- removing unnecessary pages from the index;
- micro-marking configuration;
- canonical links configuration
- Off page factors of ranking:
- Ranking links. Links are still relevant Google ranking factor, however, one should remember that quality, not the quantity counts. External links should come from authoritative and relevant sources. The rapid growth of low-quality link mass is useless in most cases, while in some of them it threatens to impose strict sanctions by search engines, starting from lowering rankings and ending with exclusion from the index.
- Behavioral impact factor on rankings. Behavioral Google ranking factors in 2017 represent the specific reflection of visitor-website interaction. Search engine algorithms are analyzing numerous factors while evaluating usability experience. Therefore, the following things are taken into account:
- time spent by the visitor on a website;
- the number and the depth of viewing webpages;
- bounce rate – the ratio between of number of Internet-users leaving the resource after viewing one page to the general number of entering a webpage;
- traffic resources.
Social Google factors of ranking like activity of the audience regarding the content of your web-resource in social media (likes, reposts, comments) could also be attributed to behavioral ones.
- Commercial ranking factors.
- Adaptivity. Currently, a huge number of requests are made via mobile devices which is why project implementation with adaptive website development is very important. It was reported in the official Google statement that starting from January 2017 unadapted web resources will be lowered in search engine results for users using smartphones, tablets and other gadgets. Also in 2017 Google focuses on using Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) technology which allows providing the highest load speed. The versions of webpages in AMP format will be demonstrated to mobile gadgets’ users. This innovation is connected with increasing the convenience of viewing websites for Internet-users. In the several themes the number of conversion actions carried out using mobile devices exceeds similar desktop rates. That’s why adaptivity is very important from the visitors’ convenience point of view and able to influence the conversion rate directly. It’s unlikely to receive an income from the mobile traffic if processing the order or contacts view cause visitors’ inconveniences who view the content from the small screen.
- HTTPS usage. HTTPS protocol choice guarantees an increased security and data protection due to transferring these over cryptographic SSL and TLS protocols. From the beginning of the current year Google Chrome browser marks ecommerce web resources and services using HTTP protocols requiring saving personal data and entering credit card details as unsafe. It’s useful to provide the maximum safety and confidentiality of the data while taking care of the users’ comfort.
- Content-marketing. Using marketing tricks oriented on creating, publishing and promoting useful information to the target audience aimed at attracting potential clients allows receiving organic links as well as:
- attract attention;
- extend client database;
- stimulate sales volume;
- increase brand recognition and trust level;
- provide an unobtrusive product or service promotion.
Commercial ranking factors of online stores play a significant role which is why it’s necessary to provide and take care of the proper placement of the following elements:
- phone numbers, company address (as well as location map), email;
- feedback form (it’s important to use only necessary fields);
- working hours;
- payment and delivery conditions;
- information about guarantees and product return;
- assortment and filling in product cards;
- online-consultant etc.
Improving ranking factors
While striving to improve website rankings, one should remember that it’s not enough to make some changes and instantly receive significant visiting growth or get in the high-frequency requests’ top. While ranking web resources Google “explores” hundreds of variables and only smooth and systematic work oriented first of all on target audience’ interests may provide positive effect and improve top Google SEO factors.
An integral attribute of building a successful ranking strategy is using analytics systems which help to define weak “spots” of a website, analyze the effectiveness of separate events and understand the direction to move forward and increase profitable investments.
While analyzing the behavior of Internet-users it’s possible to determine the necessity of taking the following actions:
- improving usability;
- increasing relevance of the content;
- eliminating technical errors.
Professional SEO promotion from IT DEV GROUP studio
IT DEV GROUP specialists provide SEO services while taking into account modern tendencies in the world of SEO by optimizing websites according to search engines requirements and your target audience needs. A comprehensive approach and project involvement ensures a maximum return of website promotion investments.
Date of publication: 09.08.2017