Web application and website testing
Sometimes developers skip website testing process, considering it unimportant. They hope that all the bugs can be fixed any moment and enterprising companies charge additionally for this service. As a result, the project is not working properly but it has been already paid for. In order to avoid such situation, you should specify already during the planning process, which quality assurance company will be conducting paid website testing of the online store, or example and whether it is included in the price.
Website testing types
Resource efficiency is undergoing a check-up by the following testing types:
interface testing (UI testing);
Let’s go into details of each of these methods.
Functional testing of a website
Testing should be started with the functional part, which is the presence of links, connection with the database etc.
The website loading time test is made and the data are collected on the time the website (application) answers the user’s request. Received numbers are compared with the search engines’ requirements and if the compliance is not achieved, the amendments are made.
Load web applications and website testing imply:
- Reaction time check-up during simultaneous actions of the large number of users, in order to understand the amount of traffic the project will be able to handle;
- Test speed of a website on displaying scripts, content and pictures;
- Definition of the suitable parameters.
In the case of the incompatibility of the figures, the parameters are optimized. Often load automate testing web applications is carried out.
This website testing type is designed to detect the ability of the system to work beyond its limit. At this point, the system is broken intentionally in order to figure out whether it will be able to recover and how it will react to such stress.
The next test is a security of your project and the ability to reflect detractors’ actions. Testing a website on the vulnerability and mistakes detects code and server work faults, by using of which malicious users can cause serious damage to your resource.
System testing of the processes (whether these correspond to the required conditions, responsible for the quality of the website functioning) –is a QA testing. Chosen quality assurance agency will test a website on different devices etc. The resource will also require testing a website in different browsers. The benefits of the process are obvious. In other words, this type of the analytics makes the whole development process better.
Using automate testing of web applications means to perform the work at all levels with the help of the software. It’s made with the aim to save time and ease the whole process.
There are two approaches to the automation:
- On the code level (includes module testing);
- On the appearance for the user level (the user’s actions are imitated with a help of the testing frameworks).
In most cases, automated website and web applications testing are made through the graphic user interface.
Types of manual testing
Users who try out the project's functions and report to the developers about the bugs found – this is the manual web applications and websites testing. With the apparent simplicity and the advantages of the method, its usage is compulsory in the following cases:
in short-term projects;
when the flexibility needed.
This type of the manual website testing includes the following steps:
- navigation simplicity testing. On this stage, you should check the easiness of the website surfing and proper work of all the buttons, banners, links etc.
- checking the content. On this stage, the content is thoroughly checked for grammar errors and readability as well as the whole design attractiveness. The content should be interesting containing colourful quality pictures and proper working links.
Order website testing from IT DEV GROUP – why choose us?
We’ll find a comprehensive solution for every task. IT DEV GROUP is:
- a cohesive team of creative experts;
- the testing carried out by the professionals with a huge experience meaning that they know all the nuances and stumbling blocks of the process;
- a proper quality assurance of the fulfilled tasks.
IT DEV GROUP company is your reliable partner and guide in the sphere of informational technologies.